Sunday, July 1, 2007

My First Birthday

On June 28th, I turned one year old! While I'm still learning about the concepts birthday and party, I loved my first birthday party! Mommy made a huge meal of pinwheel sandwiches, watermelon (my favorite), funfetti birthday cake, and bought chips, pop, and party favors. We scored picnic tables right across from the playground for easy access. The weather was clear and sunny. Then all of these grownups and kids showed up. They all played with me and some kept telling me, "You're the man!" I loved all of that. Then they started singing this song about happy birthdays. When they started clapping, I realized it was for me, and that made me really happy. My parents, grandmas, grandpa, aunts and uncles were so nice and bought me really neat toys, clothes, and books. I think I'm beginning to figure out this birthday thing. Now I can't wait for next year's birthday!


Goo-goo eyes, birthday hat, and water bottle: a winning trio.


Mmm...


Oh man, I love it. This cake...so good...


...so good it hurts! Yummy!

No comments: